WHAT a year. Coop's trach is gone, and our former one-pounders are completely healthy, happy, sturdy little toddlers (gotta knock on wood, of course). The two-year mark is a pretty big milestone for micro-preemies. What miracles. We are so blessed.
But, just because they are miracles doesn't mean they are perfect little angels. HA. Some moments from the first 2 years that we'd like to forget (I really couldn't make this stuff up and probably should not admit any of this):
- The time Zach peed in my mouth. (Lesson to all new moms: don't chew gum like a cow while changing a baby boy's diaper).
- The time I wondered what Charlie was chewing on and realized it was a roach.
- The time Zach tried to go on television without pants or a diaper (see previous blog).
- Poop in the tub, poop in the tub, poop in the tub.
- The two times Cooper pulled out his trach (while I was home alone, without a nurse).
- The time Charlie puked on Brian's laptop and destroyed it.
- The time Zach puked all over my mom's head. I laughed so hard I almost peed.
Phew. What a ride. Terrible twos, here we come--